Please join me with a warm welcome to our club’s newest member Lily. She’s away this Friday and hopefully back on 10/15 for Shawn’s fantastic meeting. Her new member packet, welcome card and prep for her IceBreaker speech all postmarked today. Lily’s IceBreaker speech is scheduled for November 19th – mark your calendars and save the date.
What did you miss last Friday?
Toastmaster Bonnie Verhunce brought us home to the Charlestown Cafe for a sonorous morning of high spirits and great speaking.
Table Topics Master Bruce – what special event to promote West Seattle (community fair, etc). The flock rocked the room with great 1 minute speeches:
MaryB: Debauchery Day!
Kim Boyden: A Zip Line through West Seattle (that won her the trophy)
Jean: Pub Jumping (hit all the bars in West Seattle and Alki)
Jill: West Seattle Water Taxi Day with scenic tours of Alki
Larry: A day of being humble, biblical prayer & contrition
Featured Speakers (both manual speeches)
Bernd, “Is It Time” – thought provoking and engaging presentation on Resolutions and Intentions
Jean, “Bill Pitts, Fact Finding Report” – the scoop on the founder of Explorer Search & Rescue Unit and the builder of Hut at Camp Shurman on Mt Rainier
- West Seattle Film Forum is showing “Stranger than Fiction” 10/16 at 1030am
Contact Eddie with questions or more information
Think of it as a modern day book club – cinema + discussion (highly recommend)
- Teresa Jordan runs her first marathon this Sunday – Portland Marathon 26.2 miles on 10/10/10!
- Vic & Bev are no longer at the Kenney but now living in Olympia
Attendance for 10/1
- 14 members
- 01 guest
Don’t forget regular participation is part of the Toastmaster’s Promise (it’s fun to read the promise – all members signed an application with the Promise – take a gander and refresh your “intention” (smile):
A TOASTMASTER’S PROMISE
As a member of Toastmasters International and my club, I promise …
- To attend club meetings regularly;
- To prepare all of my speech and leadership projects to the best of my ability, basing them on projects in the competent communication, Advanced Communication or competent leadership manuals;
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments;
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations;
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow;
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so;
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy;
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers;
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs;
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities.
Friday’s meeting, 10/8, ArtsWest
Toastmaster Kim Boyden
Featured Speakers: Steve, Shawn & Judy (wow, wow, wow – what a line up!)
Sergeant-at-Arms West Seattle Earlybirds